Program structure and curriculum
Hands-on & Experiential learning
Hitotsubashi ICS offers both one and two-year MBA programs, with prospective students choosing between these in their applications. About half of the incoming class enters each program. Admission criteria are identical for both programs, since all students take the same required courses together in the first year, follow the same academic calendar, and must meet the same earned credit requirements for graduation.
Which MBA is right for you?
In either program, you’ll have full access to all on-campus academics and intensive courses both on and off-campus. These include Global Network for Advanced Management activities, except exchange or double degree programs occurring in the second year.
1-Year if you’re
- Not planning a career change post-MBA
- Company-sponsored or will apply for a Young Leaders' Program (YLP) scholarship
- Not interested in term-long exchange programs or company internship programs
2-Year if you’re
- Seeking a career change or to relocate in Japan
- Self-sponsored, wishing to broaden career interests
- Interested in exchange or double degree programs, non-remunerated company internships in Japan or abroad, and job search
- “Early graduation” option allows qualified students to finish by end-March of their second year
Our academic year is divided into four terms, with a few days’ break between each. No required courses take place during the breaks, but elective courses and non-compulsory activities may be offered.
Academic calendar by term
- Each year brings slight programming changes; this chart offers general guidance only.
- For One-year Program and the first year of Two-year Program
|Arrival in Tokyo||Around Sep 10|
|Foundation Week||Mid to late Sep|
|Term 1||Late Sep – late Dec|
|Term 2||Early Jan – late Feb|
|Term 3||Early Apr – late May|
|Term 4||Early June – late July|
|Doing Business in Asia||August|